Senior Move Management
Offering Assistance and Direction for Moving into the Next Phase of Life
Have you or your parent decided to downsize and move into a smaller home or retirement community and not sure how to start the downsizing and moving process or where to find help? Life brings its challenges, and we are here to help you.
SENIOR MOVE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Downsizing Brings a Release of Burdens and a Sense of Freedom
PREPARATION AND MOVE DAY
- Timeline and plan of action
- Prepare floor plan for new residence
- Sort, organize and pack belongings
- Offer assistance or oversight with service professionals
- Coordinate with staff of new place of residence
- Coordinate, facilitate and direct movers
UNPACK AND RESETTLE
- Unpack and remove boxes
- Make bed and set-up kitchen and bath
- Arrange furniture, decorate and make new home ready
- Connect TV’s, VCR’s, computers, lamps, clocks
- Finishing touches
- Hang artwork
TYING UP LOOSE ENDS
- Disburse remaining household items through estate sales, charities, shipments to family
- Assistance with contractors to make home ready for sale
- Assistance with realtors and appraisers
- Assistance with cleaning and landscape needs
WHY CHOOSE LIFE’S NEXT STEP
Life’s Next Step is different from a typical moving company. We perform the same functions of packing and unpacking but we take things up a notch. We act as your advocate and personal assistant providing you one on one support with a caring, compassionate staff creating a seamless transition. Not only do we help with the physical challenges of a move but, we help with the planning, logistics and the many tasks and details associated with a move. We have been creating smooth and enjoyable moves since 2008 and are an A+ Accredited Senior Move Management company by the National Association of Senior Move Managers.
As the adult child, you find yourself wanting to help your parent move but wrestle with the challenges of juggling work, children, and varied responsibilities. Life’s Next Step can create a plan to assist you and your parent’s move across town or across the country.
Life’s Next Step specializes in offering assistance and direction to help create this positive transition.
- We implement a step by step plan for sorting, downsizing, packing and disbursing of household items.
- We offer arrangements or referrals with quality service professionals including movers, realtors, appraisers, estate sale coordinators, etc.
- We provide emotional support for you and your family members by offering patience, understanding and attention to details.
- We have connections to Senior Move Manager companies across the country and can coordinate with other NASMM members to support out of state moves.
Words can’t express how amazed I was when we came upstairs after having dinner with Mom and I saw the condition of her apartment last night. What you did was nothing short of miraculous…Nancy P